Saturday, June 7, 2008

Time Flies

It's amazing how the time can get away from you! Our Memorial Day holiday was very short. The weather was very cold and full of rain, so we were not able to do our regular BBQ/pool activity that we normally do. We have had sick kids for the past couple of weeks. First some chest colds, and now we have had kids with fevers and more. Today I got to spend some minimal time decorating a float for a parade. Caylee wanted to ride on it, and had a great time. Today was also Relay for Life of Loveland. Kickoff was at 2, and I showed up at almost 4 for our team picture. Then I got to work a station from 4-5. Even though it was the bounce house and there were a couple of obnoxious kids, it was a lot of fun. It's amazing how much personality some of those little tykes have. Last year I spent the night as the relay lasts until 8:00 the following morning (Sunday). This year I decided I wanted to sleep better, which means I need my own bed. I also have to teach the Sharing Time lesson tomorrow. At least church is in the morning so it will be over really quickly! :)

My sister, Toni, is in town with her little man. His name is Jack. I can't wait to see them more when my kids get better. There is nothing like having family in town that you hardly ever get to see, and then not being able to see them as much as you wanted because of things like the flu. Oh well, that's life right? Even though it isn't too peachy-keen at the moment, it is still pretty good for us here in Milliken. I'll let you all know if I actually get to see my sister and nephew. Later my people...

1 comment:

Eliza Brock said...

Glad you could come. I still have your cancer sucks shirt. sorry I forgot to get it to you. Thanks for your help with everything. Love you!