Friday, May 23, 2008

After the Storm


What an unexpected day. I was going to write a happy blog yesterday. Now I have a somewhat less happy blog to post. We had a severe storm yesterday that wiped out our power and had us hoping that the hail would stop. I have never seen such a long hail storm. I posted pictures of the hail size and of our home, and you can view those by clicking on the "My Pictures" link to the left of this post. We were lucky, as more than one tornado danced around our tiny town yesterday. This is a picture that my neighbor took from the middle school here in town. This is the tornado that started near Gilcrest, a small town to the east of us, and headed to Windsor and left massive devastation there. We went and stayed with my parents due to the power outage. Power was restored to our home some time last night and we are home now. The aftermath of the storm left many homeless, but the miracle is that only one person was killed as he tried to outrun the tornado in his car. The tornado shifted and he ended up right in it's path. Our hearts go out to his family, the neighboring communities, and we ask that you might include our little area of Colorado in your prayers. Until I write again, may we all be safe.

2 comments:

Snell Family said...

I can't believe how big the hail was! We're glad you guys are alright and that nothing happened to your house.

Toni said...

I didn't hear about your storm until mom called me on Saturday. I'm so glad you guys are safe! Looks like it was a scary day.