Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Interesting and Exciting




Yesterday, I was in my own little world sitting on the couch. The next thing I know, I look over towards the front door and there is Sawyer with this "angry man" face getting ready to snipe me with his Lego gun. Chris and I laughed for a long time. Then Aiden joined in the fun as they pretended to shoot each other and "die." Boys are SO funny :)




Chris got an interesting calling on Sunday. They asked him to serve a one-year service mission in the ward helping the deaf group and learning ASL so he could translate. He will have to attend classes on Tuesday evenings and learn as much as he can. We have a large deaf population in the stake and our ward was designated to be the meeting place for them. We even have families that come all the way from Fort Collins. Anyway, we were both surprised but we are both excited and I know that Chris will learn fast and do his best. He is still the Cubmaster for now but since it is a Tuesday night calling they will be finding a replacement before the classes start. Just wanted to share with you all! Have a great day and hope you are all well.

2 comments:

Toni said...

That's too cute about Sawyer. Love his haircut!

Lydia Moon said...

Chris's new calling is so cool! My friend is the only deaf member in our ward. Her husband and I interpret for her each Sunday. I have really enjoyed learning sign language. I just wish I had time to take some classes so I knew more vocab and correct grammar. All the best luck to you both!